Humic acid. First of all, let’s start by explaining what it is.
What is humic acid? What role does it play?
It is the end result of the natural decay of plant and animal materials. It’s “what’s left.” 100% organic, this acid forms through the chemical and biological humification of plant and animal matter (and through the biological activities of micro-organisms.) It can be found in soils, oceans and fresh waters.
The benefits of humic acid
It naturally encourages the plant and the activities of micro- organisms. The amount of humic acid greatly influences the overall fertility of the soil, because it directly affects the capacity to hold water. As a result, plants consumed by humans that are grown in humic conditions are often more nutritious.
Here are a few of the benefits of humic acid:
- Stimulates plant enzymes and boosts their production
- Functions as an organic catalyst in various biological processes
- Boosts desirable micro-organisms in soil
- Enhances plant’s natural strength against diseases & pests
- Encourages root growth
- Increases vitamin and mineral content, as well as chlorophyll, sugars & amino acids.
As you can see, the ecological benefits of humic acids are varied and effective. Overcoming environmental problems and preserving the world we live in can be supported by humic acid. So, how do we get it?
The decomposition of concentrated organic acids is a long process. But you don’t have to wait millions of years to access humic acid. We have a product called Bio-5, which has humic acid (5%) in it alongside four other organic biological stimulants.
Bio-5 works to:
- Increase resistance to frost, drought, pests & disease
- Boosts yields, sugar levels & fruit quality
- Enhances plant germination & growth
- Improves flowering & fruit set
- Stimulates root growth & soil health.
Humic acids are an effective natural way to give plants and soil a concentrated dose of healthy nutrients, vitamins and trace elements. Encourage water holding capacity and increase carbon in your soil, with the help of Bio-5.
To learn more about Bio-5, talk to Kemgro. We believe in sustainable farming through nutritious fertilisers. We create sustainable crop solutions to grow healthy soil for the future.
Working together to let life, as we know it, live on.